【Discontinued】The Hubsan X4 V1 H107 Mini Quadcopter RTF 2.4GHZ
Binding takes the blink of an eye, similar to the speed at which the Helios 100 binds. As soon as I throttled up, my concerns of the X4 being overweight and possibly unstable were quickly forgotten. It is VERY stable and has quite a bit of power. The stick movements were very precise and I feel I have as much control over the X4 as I do with the 8S/Ladybird combination (which is the baseline for all of my micro quad comparisons).
I've found that sometimes the X4 will roll if fast rudder turns are executed, meaning that aileron compensation is required to keep it level. It might be due to the stock rudder settings and I will turn the rudder sensitivity down a bit later to see if that changes things, but that is how it is under the stock configuration.
The motors seem to spin at a higher RPM (Found out the painful way) compared to other quads of it's size.
I tried to flip the quad indoors and it recovers very quickly, but as I mentioned earlier, the flip sequence takes some getting used to.
I knew that the X4 was going to be small, but seeing it in real life, I'm still blown away by how tiny it is. That said though, the quad is very well made and looks amazingly sleek and streamlined.
With the battery in its compartment, the X4 quad feels quite heavy... It reminds me of the “wow, that's heavier than I thought!” feeling I get when picking up a die-cast model... . So I had immediate doubts about it's capabilities even before I plugged the battery in (but we'll get to that later).
There are 2 blue lights in front of the canopy that blink in flight and signals the bind status. Things I don't really like about the quad- the bottom of the motors are exposed and unprotected. Also, the battery compartment is very small without much wiggle room at all.
The RX itself is reachable by removing the 3 screws that secure the lower body shell to the canopy. All of the motors wires are soldered onto the board so it's quite hard to replace parts.
Transmitter and functions
The X4's transmitter is a 4 channel 2.4GHz unit that features dual rates and independently adjustable channel sensitivity. Unfortunately, the protocol Hubsan uses is proprietary, meaning that you cannot use any transmitter other than ones made by the company. That said, the X4's transmitter actually feels very comfortable to hold and the sticks feel surprisingly refined. I would compare the feel of the controls to be on par with much better, hobby grade transmitters.
Sensitivity on all channels can be independently adjusted, which I think is a very useful function especially for beginners. Dual rates can be engaged and dis-engaged by clicking the right stick.
Since there is no flip button, there is a stick sequence that needs to be done in order to flip. If you would like to do a forward flip for example, you must pull back on the elevator stick first and then push the stick to it's full forward position. This is the same for aileron AND elevator, you must first give it some opposite stick. I think this will take some practice as it doesn't feel very natural, but it does prevent accidental flips and rolls even when flying with high rates.
Lastly, I have yet to find out how I could switch from 3 axis to 6 axis mode. It is not mentioned in the manual so I'm assuming that it cannot be done. (Unless expert mode=3 axis mode and normal mode=6 axis mode, which is possible.)
•With 4 channels
•Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity
•Permits super stable flight
•Lightweight airframe with nice durability
•USB charging cable allows to charge by computer.
Motor (x4): Coreless Motor Frequency: 2.4GHz Battery Voltage: 3.7V Capacity: 240mAh Flight time: above 9 minutes Charging time: 30 minutes Size: 60*60mm
•1 * Hubsan X4 H107
•1 * Battery
•1 * USB charging cable
•1 * Transmitter
•1 * Use Manual
Please be advised:the Total Delivery Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
Choose a Shipping Method
Super saver shipping
Mode of transport：Hong Kong packet
Shipping Time: 13-31 Working days
●Run by the postal office.
●Delivery time depends on each of country.
●The lowest cost among all shipping method.
●Only limited to small package, good for spare parts（Lower than 2kg）.
Mode of transport：EMS,HK EMS
Shipping Time: 6-12 Working days
●Run by the postal office.
●Delivery time is fast, but slower than Express.
●Tracking info is more detail than Super saver shipping.
Express (Dimension Weight)
Mode of transport：DHL,UPS,Fedex
Shipping Time: 4-7 Working days
●Delivery time is very fast, just 4-7 Working Days to most of the countries.
●The most safest shipping method.
●The size of the package is a good choice.
HobbyWOW.com makes paying for orders easily by providing a range of convenient payment options. There is a guide for the different payment methods supported by HobbyWOW.com, so you can choose the most appropriate payment method as you like:
1.Paying with paypal
PayPal is a secure and trusted payment processing service that allows you to shop online. PayPal can be used at HobbyWOW.com to purchase items by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), Debit Card, or E-check (i.e. using your regular Bank Account).
2.Western Union Payment
Sending money in person with Western Union is easy. Western Union has 515,000 agent locations worldwide. Their friendly, knowledgeable agents can make your money transfer happen with ease. To know more and transfer you can go directly to www.westernunion.com
3.Bank Wire Transfer:
You can just tranfer money to our bank account provided at the checkout page. It's easy and convenient if you don't have paypal account.
If you have placed your order and completed the payment, you can contact us to cancel if your order hasn't been shipped out. You can ask for an refund or keep your payment as a credit.
If an order has been shipped it can no longer be canceled directly. We can give a partial refund (we deduct the shipping costs) when we received your returned product.
Please pay attention to following questions before placing the order.
1. How about warranty on RC copters/planes and electronic components?There is no warranty due to the nature of the products. No factory will provide the warranty for the RC copters/planes. Please be careful to handle your copters or planes.
RC models are fragile. They are likely to be damaged due to an operational error or the fact that you do not know how to fly model aircraft, and any collision or hard landing may cause damage to the helicopter or plane. We cannot control your flying skills, actions, or the flight site you choose. We will not bear any responsibility for the damages due to personal usage or loss, and any claims because of the wrong operations of the products, using failure or malfunction will be rejected.
2. Do you inspect and test the RC copters/planes and parts before shipping?To ensure the quality of all available models on our website, we always do a very rigorous control before packaging. All merchandise is in perfect operating condition before shipment. When you receive the product, it will be in good working condition.
3. What should I do if the products are not working as soon as I received?Please don’t worry about it. Most importantly, please contact our customer service with email as soon as you received. You should contact us in 1-2 days. If you don’t contact us in time, we will not be responsible for this fault.Please attach the photos /videos to show the problems. In this way, it is easier to diagnose the failure. If you refuse to provide this information, we will not be responsible for this fault.
4. What should I do if the products are broken in the transportation?If the package is obviously damaged, firstly, please refuse to pick up the package and then you can contact us and explain this situation to us by email. In this case, if you pick up it, we will not be responsible for it.If the package is not obviously damaged and you have delivered the package, please contact us and attach the photo of the package and broken items. We will check them. We have rich experience and will know if it is broken in the transportation. After check, we will give you a solution.
5. The item was used for many times but it was broken, crashed or failure can I have replacement?We are sorry that we cannot provide the replacement in this case. To ensure the quality of all available models on our website, we always do a very rigorous control before packaging and all products are Brand-new. We cannot know how many times you have used and you cannot prove that how many times you have used. So please understand we will not be responsible for this case.Of course, we can provide the fix service. The customers can return the items to our company and we will contact the supplier to fix it. But the customers need to pay all the shipping cost and fix fee.
6. If I don’t want this item without any reason, what can I do?If the package is on the way, please refuse to pick up the package. The package will be returned to us. In this case, you have to pay all shipping cost and 10% restock fee and other taxes what is caused by import. Besides, you should keep all item and package in original condition. After we received the package and make sure that there is no problem, we will give you the partial refund. If you have delivered the package, you have to contact us in 2 days after you received. Out of this time, we will not accept returning. You have to pay all shipping cost and 10% restock fee and other taxes what is caused by import. Besides, you should keep all item and package in original condition. Before you return, you have to contact us to get “return number “. If you don’t contact us and return the package,we will not be responsible for this. After we receive the package and make sure that there is no problem, we will give you the partial refund.
7. If I want to cancel the order and the order has been shipped out, can I get a full refund?We are sorry that we will not full refund to you. In this case, we suggest that you deliver the package. If you insist on refusing or returning the package, you have to pay all shipping cost, and 10% restock fee and other fees.
Questions and Answers
|What type question would you like to ask?|
|Remaining Count: 0/3000.|